You may have noticed that I've decided to give a regularly updates on the progress of the Awakening website and database. I write these updates up at the start of of each month, to keep you informed and to reassure you of the masses of work that's being done here. I will likely stop doing these write-up articles when the database is fully up to date. I just feel it helps for you to see the progress towards this goal.
So with that said, here is a list of the things we achieved in March.
- Evelyn rejoins me in working on the website. Out of all the updates here, this is by far the most important and exciting.
- 71 New athletes added. This is less that we would typically add, but we have been focusing moreso on getting the currently listed athletes up to date for the short term. The database now has 18,877 athletes listed.
- 3031 Athletes updated. When the website WAS up to date, we typically updated around 1000 athletes. So this 3000+ figure hopefully shows how hard we are working on achieving our goal.
- Approx. 1500 photo's added
- Various new systems on the backend implemented to aid with smoothness of operation
If you are an athlete or coach, and the particular profile you are watching hasn't yet been updated. It is coming! Bare in mind the amount of athletes we're working with. If you would like to jump the que, just email me at email@example.com and I'll make it happen.
As stated quite a few times in the recent months, my goal is for the website to be fully up to date again by Q3 of this year. At our current rate, it may be sooner!
To find out what else I have planned in the near future, take a look at this Ramping Up article.